Ways to Secure your home
Thank you for visiting SFA’s blog! Security First Alarm is proud to provide our customers with the latest security systems our industry has to offer.
In today’s blog post we discuss 15 ways to secure your home for this summer 2023 by using your home security system as well as other security tips.
15 home security tips for summer 2023:
- Install a security system: Invest in a quality home security system that includes motion sensors, door and window alarms, and a central monitoring service.
- Secure windows and doors: Make sure all windows and doors are securely locked, and consider installing additional locks or reinforcing the existing ones.
- Use smart locks: Consider using smart locks that can be controlled remotely, so you can lock or unlock your doors from anywhere.
- Install security cameras: Install security cameras inside and outside your home to monitor activity and deter burglars.
- Set up outdoor lighting: Install motion-activated lights outside your home to deter burglars and provide better visibility at night.
- Trim hedges and bushes: Keep bushes and hedges trimmed to reduce hiding spots for burglars.
- Install a peephole: Install a peephole or a video doorbell so you can see who is at your door before opening it.
- Use timers for lights: Use timers to turn lights on and off when you’re not home, making it look like someone is always there.
- Keep valuables out of sight: Keep expensive items, such as jewelry, laptops, and other electronics, out of sight of windows and doors.
- Don’t leave spare keys outside: Never leave spare keys outside your home, as burglars know all the common hiding spots.
- Be careful with social media: Avoid posting vacation plans or photos on social media until you return home.
- Install a fence: Install a fence around your property to create a physical barrier and deter burglars.
- Install smoke detectors: Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and check the batteries regularly.
- Keep your garage door closed: Keep your garage door closed and locked, as burglars often target garages.
- Get to know your neighbors: Get to know your neighbors and look out for each other’s homes, as a tight-knit community can help deter burglars.
About Security First Alarm Home Security Systems
At Security First Alarm, we offer free expert advice to any homeowner wanting to know more on how they can secure their homes from danger. There are no hidden fees or obligations for this service, it is a free consultation. When you do decide to purchase, the installation will be performed by certified technicians who are professionals in their trade. The pricing is based on the individual construction design of the home. Unlike some of our competitors, there are no activation fees, we won’t raise the prices unexpectedly, and we won’t force you to renew contracts.